Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Effects of Sun Worshipping & Other Random Wednesday Things

This is exactly what I have. Glad to finally know.

Happy Mid-Week!  I can see why we celebration this day...half-way through the workweek and a little bit closer to the weekend.  Well done Wednesday.

Due to my condition as described above, yesterday, I spent a little time with my new BFF, Hulya. (Hulya's Holistic Medispa) I'm healthy and so grateful to be the age I am. I really have no issue with it.  However, I'm not exactly growing old without putting up a fight. I'm going to age gracefully surrounded by an army of modern forces charged with maintaining the glow of my youth.

Don't worry, I'm not going Joan Rivers or anything. The plan is to control things I can control, like diet and exercise, and to regularly maintain items that will slow the process, keep my skin healthy and fresh and combat the mistakes of my youth. See also: endless SPF 4 sunbathing in the 90's on the beaches of OC made for great scope pics but lead to old lady skin. And, Sunset Tanning...I curse you.

Hulya is heaven sent. Call her! She's got a fix for most everything.  Be advised though, the fix isn't exactly cost-free in terms of dollars and/or immediate results and/or looks the day of treatment. You get what you pay for - always people- and it looks way worse before it gets better.  No make-up at all for 12 hours after a face treatment. OK, not awful, but certainly not something this girl does.  Not wearing make-up is NOT an option. I wear make-up to walk the dog. True story. Wearing make-up is like using the same kind of very specific gel pen daily. It is just how it is.  Accept it. I do.

Yesterday, I had laser treatments on "brown spots" (P.S. How gross is that?) caused by sun damage.  It wasn't painful but to look at me, you'd think I got in a fight with barbed wire and lost. It's not pretty. What's also not pretty? Having dinner plans with the new boy on the same day you spent time at the shop getting this work done. Not awesome. They aren't supposed to know the exact lengths we go to to look effortlessly put together and stunning. #Fail. Last night, if a beekeepers outfit was fashionable, that 's what I would have gone with. Alas, we know it's not so I wore a hat, a scarf, long sleeves, and jeans. FYI, he said he "didn't" notice and also said I looked beautiful. Aw...you have to love the courting stage, right?

In the end, I'm going to be very happy with the results.  I've read that many reformed sun-worshippers just like me have had great results and now use SPF 30 on the regular.  The spots go away and skin looks refreshed and beautiful. I'm one treatment down...so I'll be sure to provide blog updates if you are curious to see how happy I am after all 4 treatments.


New story of my new-anti-sun-worshipping-life = Regular sunscreen application.


Other randoms things for today...in random order.
  • Justin Timberlake - Did you write Mirror for me?  If so, well done. I knew somewhere deep in your heart you knew of my love for you and if stupid Jessica hadn't been there, we would have a had a fighting chance.  Love that song.
  • Michael Kors - I love you. I hate you. I love you. In that order. No joke. I feel these emotions each and every time I get an email from you. And, when I walk into your store filled with beautiful, young, tan, smoking hot as well as nice, helpful and adorable sales girls drenched in your fashions, I'm an emotional roller coaster.
This dress. I want it. BAD.
  • Mariah Carey & Miguel - I've been down on Mariah for a while.  Aside from having the best Christmas album ever she's been a mess to me.  After the Glitter debacle, she did redeem herself (slightly) with the Emancipation of Mimi about 8 years ago . And yes, it's true, I do want to know if she and Jenny from the Block shower in Botox to maintain their age-defying youthful appearance. But I still hold her dreadful fashion choices against her and AI has done nothing to increase my love of her. Her new song with Miguel, Beautiful is pretty good though. Miguel's Sure Thing holds a special place in my heart. Mariah does have a beautiful singing voice and I give credit where credit is due. Nice job you two.
  • Hootie - I've always liked you. Now that you are practically the only black person in country music I like you more. Your Pier 6 show should kill it.  However, Wagon Wheel...I'm over it. I really don't like that song, no matter how happy the theme may be.
  • Mother Nature - Kindly pull your shit together. It's May 8th. April showers were to have ended and the temperature should be a warm 70+ degrees.  I'm really getting tired of asking.  Please do what we all know you can do and stat. And, thank you.
  • Taylor Swift - We will see you Sunday! 5 little girls and 5 big girls are super excited. Also, your Highway Don't Care video with Tim McGraw (hello fitness God) and Keith Urban (your tattoos are so great) is fantabulous.  Very moving. Nice job trio.
  • Las Vegas - We are 9 days away from what promises to be an a-mazing trip. In checking out the advance weather forecast, you are already delivering on your end of the weather deal.  Can't wait to see you in person!
  • Southwest Airlines - If you wanna toss in some free bday drinks for me and my 8 friends, we won't complain at all.  To anyone on our flight next Friday, be advised, these girls get out once a year for a girls trip. Prepare for fun.
  • Kenny Chesney - Adios to Jost, know the feeling well. We'll be there in a little over a month. You really know how to speak to me.  Well done my island-loving-friend-in-my-dreams-but-I-want-you-to-be-my-real-friend, friend. Hope to see you there.
  • My sister - FINALLY has an iPhone and a breakfast dress.  Two things she's long desired.  Both should change her life and make it all the better. This is makes me happy for her.
  • Target - I've missed you. I've spent much less time with you than I have in the past.  Not sure what that's about, but know when you move to Canton, we will be BFF's again.  I still love you, in case you were wondering or in case you missed me too.

Anyone got anything else noteworthy on this Wednesday?

Happy Happy Happy!

xo~


No comments:

Post a Comment