Friday, November 30, 2012

Beautiful Perspective

Perspective...coast to coast in 2012 = Blessed
Pacific Beach, California
November 24, 2012

Perspective.  Everyone has it. It can be similar and it can be different.   Depending on where you are, who you are with, what you are doing, and/or when you are doing it, your perspective can change.  It can get stuck one way but then quickly change in a hot second.

I don't want to sound cheesy or bragging, but I am beyond blessed in my life.  I know I've said these things before but I'll say them again, to keep it in perspective. My family ROCKS. I have friends who are family and they make this world a better place everyday. Simply put, they are amazing.  I have a job that I am beyond appreciative for.  I have good health.  I have the freedom to come and go as I please.  I have the world's most fantastic Chuck-it loving dog.  I am surrounded by and have experienced true and beautiful love.  I have so many blessings and I'm so very grateful for them.

Even with all of those blessings, from time to time, I get a little out of joint about life stuff. (See blogs from a couple of weeks ago.) Overall though, I pride myself on doing a good job keeping life in perspective. I try not to get too caught up in things that I can't change or looking at the glass has half-empty. I'm a pretty positive person. But I am human, and stuff gets to me. It gets to all of us.

And, just when stuff starts getting to me, BAM here it comes! It seems that (at just the perfect, has to be heaven sent, moment) something comes along and knocks my perspective right back into place. That's right, something or someone comes along with it worse...much worse  The much worse seems to be endless...a friend of a friend lost their house in a fire over Thanksgiving. They've lost absolutely everything.  A few beautiful friends are survivors of our enemy cancer.  A couple of friends are struggling to have families. Others are going through life challenges...way worse than anything I've gone through.

So when those things come along and give me back my general perspective of, "Hey, my life is not bad at all", it's the wake up call I need.  What's more though, the cold water to the face wake up moment, is that the people who are going through the much worse feel empowered, blessed, and stronger because of their battles. They are warriors, bad asses, fighters, lovers and they appreciate everything...even the much worse. Nothing keeps them down. They get up each and every day and they go on feeling blessed. They fight, see the beauty in their blessings and they smile.

That my friends is Beautiful Perspective.  Talk about life's lessons. Deep life lessons that all of us can use to get better, pay it forward, be kind and make a difference.

Today, the last day of November, is a day for Beautiful Perspective.  Keep it close to you. And use it everyday.

xo~


 

No comments:

Post a Comment