Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Where is the Rewind Button?

Super Powers Activate!

I've often thought that life needs a rewind button. Many of us have probably awaken on a morning or two thinking, "Oh wow...did that really happen?"  But, this is not about do-overs or second chances, this is about redos. I've said for years that if I could have a super power (besides teleportation because you know I can't pick just one of anything), it would be to rewind life and live some moments again, kinda like Kenny Chesney wants to Live Those Songs Again, but for real.

Now, the catch is that you can't change the moments, the outcome, how or where they happened or the results and present day circumstances. I know, it's tricky to put restrictions on super powers, but it's my blog and I do what I want.  :-) The only option is to rewind and live those moments again. Life with a DVR button. You can be in them, feel them, smell them and experience them all over again. You can relive your feelings of happiness, joy, excitement, bliss, goo, whatever! A.Mazing, right?

I'm sure many people would love to relive moments...weddings, birthdays, vacations, life accomplishments, time with loved ones who have left us, etc. Obviously, life doesn't work that way, but wouldn't it be cool if it did? 

I've been mentally compiling my list of relivable moments for years now and if an event makes the list, it generally stays. Right now, I have about 5 of them in the mix. 5 really good kick-ass periods in time where I felt either blissfully happy, blissfully in love or had time with someone I love so much but can't talk to now. Mine are also moments/events of my adulthood. I have some from my childhood, but these relivable ones tend to be from my adulthood. My moments or events are ones that involve relationships with other people.  They aren't shining moments of accomplishment, like say, a college graduation, even though that was a great feeling.

Right now, today, here is what I have...in no particular order:

  • June 2007. A warm and early summer night.  I was a plus 2 at a friend's daughter's wedding. The warm evening air was perfect. The first smells of summer were beginning to be abundant.  Love was in the air.  The company was amazing. There was dinner, drinks and dancing.  My plus one denied his liking of dancing (I knew better) and only danced in limited circumstances.  This night was one of those circumstances.  The connection I had then was seemingly unbreakable, electric and frankly, amazing. It was so strong and obvious that others at the wedding took notice.  It was one of those you had to be in there moments to even believe they were really possible. Love like that really does exist. Redo!

  • March 2006. St. Thomas, VI with my Favorite Friend.  I was free at last!! Free to be me...free to go where I wanted, be with who I wanted and free to live the life I wanted to live. And the first stop in my Freedom Rock life was a beach vacation with one of my most favorite people in the world.  We did all the things we loved....sunning, swimming, beaching, eating, watching softball games, reading, and enjoying each other's amazing company. We pondered the meaning of life, came up with our aliases and dreamed about our future.  Love like that really does exist. Redo!
Favorite Friend Love
March 2006
  • Tuesday November 24, 2009. At the cabin, spending the day with Stella. We all knew the end was near and this was our opportunity to soak her in for one of the last times.  She was weak and thin, but she still looked great.  She was her beautiful and shining self. She was smiling and full of grace and love.  We spent the whole day reminiscing about good times and hard times, talking about the future, baking, laughing, going through her jewelry and loving each other.  I got to ask her questions I would have never normally asked and she answered with honesty.  We got to say our goodbyes and she got to tell me what she wanted me to know. It was the saddest happiest and most peaceful day of my life. Love like that really does exist. Redo!
Family Love
 
  • July 4, 2012.  Wolfeboro, NH. On this day, we did so much and had such a great time.  We took Baby Kitty to his very first (and likely annual) July 4th parade.  It was a day filled with tradition, love, joy, smiles, happiness and blessings.  The weather was perfect, the baby was amazing and I felt so incredibly blessed and loved. We enjoyed everything the town had to offer and didn't think about life back in the real, fast-paced world. There was something so pure, real and amazing about the day, that it's almost indescribable. The family was together and everyone in this cute little summer town united for a festive celebration of our great country. Love like that really does exist. Redo!
Annual July 4th Parade
Parade Ready Baby Kitty

  • July 2007. Rummy Cat, BVI.  I remember this vacation to be one of best of my life.  It was the first time I traveled with my sis and her fam to the Caribbean in the style we've all become now blissfully accustom too.  It was also the first time, we all disconnected from the outside world and had nothing to do but enjoy each other's company, relish some of the most beautiful beaches in the world and relax. We connected with each other on a new level and shared experiences that we will always remember and cherish.  My, now 7 year old niece, was a beautiful 2 year old at that time and she entertained us daily by singing Baby Beluga and reading to us and "New Baby" in the most adorable way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZJ6SVme1Hs&feature=youtu.be My life was peaceful, settled and full of love and I was surrounded by my most favorite people in the world for 8 days straight. Love like that really does exist. Redo!
Peace, love and joy in the Caribbean
July 2007
Baby Norah Love
Original Pussers 2007

 Obvi, there are many many moments in my life that have been fantastic and I would like to redo...but as of today, if I had my super power, these are the ones I would choose. I felt amazing in them. They were so profound that I knew they would last a lifetime. I also remember not wanting them to end. They were that good. It's not possible to stay in that bliss forever, but if we could just do them again, wouldn't that be so cool?

How about you readers?  What would you choose?

xo~

No comments:

Post a Comment