Monday, December 24, 2012

Eve's are the Best

Merry Christmas Eve

Eve's are my favorite. I like them better than the actual holiday. Eve's are full of anticipation and excitement for the next day. The buzz, the butterflies in your stomach, the craziness is about to begin.  It's so much fun! Birthday Eve, Thanksgiving Eve and Christmas Eve...the best nights of the year.
 
 Most everyone is buzzing around this morning and afternoon, preparing, last minute shopping, wrapping, baking and rushing to get it all in before the big man arrives tonight. At some point on this day though, the rushing stops. A calm and quiet peace takes over. Children are snug and nestled in their beds. The presents are wrapped and ready to be ripped open.  Christmas music is softly playing through the night.  Blessings are counted. It's a time to be grateful and feel the power of the holiday.  Eve's are really the best.

I, too, am doing the same (or I'm about to after I finish this post anyway).  I'm going to head out and grab my last minute items, listen to Christmas music for the last time until next November on my commute home from work and soak in all the love, holiday spirit, excitement and anticipation.  For, this feeling comes only once per year and I like to relish it.

Tonight and tomorrow I will be with my most amazing family and friends.  We will laugh, eat, open presents, play, talk, remember those who cannot be with us and celebrate. We will toast to our many blessings and we will be thankful.

On this Christmas Eve 2012, I would like to wish all of you the Merriest Christmas!  I would also like thank you to anyone who has read my blog this year and supported this endeavor of mine. Thank you for reading. Thank you for your love, kind words, thoughts and your support.  It has been a blessing for me to share this journey with you.  I appreciate every comment and I cherish your support. Thank you for welcoming me into your life.

Have a safe and happy holiday. Enjoy the rush, the calm and the rush. Love out loud and eat cookies!

Merry Christmas!

xo~



No comments:

Post a Comment